The head of state congratulated those present and all the people of Kazakhstan on the national holiday - Independence Day.
- This day invariably brings timeless feelings - a special combination of pride, joy and excitement, - said the President of Kazakhstan.
Nursultan Nazarbayev stressed that over the years of independence, our country has not only achieved rapid growth, but also created a solid platform for sustainable development in the future.
- A class of entrepreneurs has been formed, which has never existed before in our history. More than 1.2 million Kazakhstanis have their own business, which provides a quarter of the entire national income, the Head of State said.
The President of Kazakhstan noted that the Nurly Zhol program has become an effective anti-crisis solution that has provided an infrastructural foundation for the future.
- When severe winds blew, we built not fences, but mills. For 7 years, 24 new sectors of the manufacturing industry have appeared. The effect of the industrial-innovative development program is measured not by objects, but by entire industries, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The head of state placed special emphasis on the success of economic reforms, which became the key to strengthening the social function of the state.
- The population of our country for the first time in history has exceeded the mark of 18 million, the birth rate has increased by one and a half times. This year, Kazakhstan has taken the fourth place in the world in terms of enrollment in primary education. Life expectancy increased by 4.5 years and amounted to 72.5 years. For more than 1.1 million families, their own housing has become a reality, the President of Kazakhstan said.Nursultan Nazarbayev dwelled separately on the achievements of Kazakhstan in the international arena.
- Our capital held the international exhibition EXPO. This year alone, Kazakhstan hosted the World Universiade, the historic SCO summit, the first OIC summit on science and technology, inter-Syrian peace talks. Since January 2018, our country has assumed the chairmanship of the UN Security Council, the Head of State said.
Addressing those present, the President of Kazakhstan highlighted the meeting with the participants of the 100 New Faces project and stressed that people are the main value of Independence.
- These people have chosen a motto for themselves - not to demand from the state, but to offer their ideas, creative energy, hard work. This is the living manifesto of our success! This is the generation of Independence, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The head of state defined the transition from quantitative growth to qualitative changes as an important condition for entering the top 30 most developed countries.
- Having strengthened Kazakhstan as an established state, we started a comprehensive modernization, to create a new quality of Independence of Kazakhstan. To do this, we have launched political, economic and spiritual modernization, the President of Kazakhstan said.
Nursultan Nazarbayev dwelled separately on the implementation of the program for the modernization of public consciousness "Rukhani Zhangyru".
- This year, all the people we celebrated the 100th anniversary of Alashorda. We made a fateful decision on the transition of the Kazakh alphabet to the Latin script.
The transition to the Latin alphabet has its own deep historical logic.This is not only the fulfillment of the dream of our ancestors, but also the way to the future for future generations, the Head of State said.
At the end of his speech, the President of Kazakhstan once again congratulated all those present on Independence Day and noted that the main guarantee of the success of our country is political stability, unwavering support for the course pursued for the benefit of society and the unity of the people.
- I want to thank all Kazakhstanis for your trust, which gave me the strength to carry out all the transformations, for your sincere participation and selfless efforts, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.